Iceland Adventure

• 3 replies

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
Iceland Adventure
« on: November 18, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »
So I am thinking of taking my family to Iceland for a 6 day Dual Sport ride across Iceland. Has anybody done this or know someone who has. I have been speaking with the owner of the company and he is very excited to have a family come and has thrown some discounts to get us to come (I think he just is trying to get a booking). My wife is quite concerned about the 701 Husky being too tall. But he is getting back to me on finding a different bike for her. Anyways I am just looking for input on this particular trip. Good, bad, and the ugly kind of thing.

https://ridewithlocals.is/6-days-iceland-motorcycle-adventure/
There is absolutely no excuse for what I am about to do.

Offline Kingrider

• +2/-0
    • 2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
Re: Iceland Adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »
Iceland sounds like a hoot. A least during the right time of the year!!

So, here's a link I found: https://www.advpulse.com/?s=iceland

I didn't read the article yet but I'm thinking some information is better than none. So, the 701 is essentially my 690 with different color paint. You're welcome to come down to my place and she can try it out to see what she thinks.

Take lots of pictures!
Kingrider
2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 04:04:58 PM »
I got in touch with these guys (Ride with Locals) and they sound like the real deal very nice and accommodating. There is a rider on Adventure Rider that has ridden with them and he said it was utterly world class. But I don't exactly have the Mrs's on board to the price tag of over $20,000 to take all 4 of us for a "6 day motorcycle ride". They even have a Ktm 400 something they have lowered for the inseam challenged riders. We will keep begging and see where it takes us. Thanks for the info!
There is absolutely no excuse for what I am about to do.

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
  • The orange Kool-Aid tastes good!
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
Do you think I'd fit in your luggage? :)
KTM 790 Adventure R