• Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018: June 01, 2018 - June 03, 2018

Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018 Garnett, Kansas

• 56 replies

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
Re: Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018 Garnett, Kansas
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 10:54:00 PM »
Is there a lunch stop planned for any routes?
Um I'm a fat red head riding a bush pig. Take a guess. Ya there's lunch!
There is absolutely no excuse for what I am about to do.

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »
Burt-  Looks like its kickstands up at 830ish on saturday, correct?
Growing up is optional

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »
Burt-  Looks like its kickstands up at 830ish on saturday, correct?
Yes sir 8:30 ish as with all rides. Want to make sure we don't leave anybody and everyone gets on the appropriate route.

Offline will_kc

• Have KLR will travel
  • +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »
When is everyone meeting Friday?
Any afternoon rides planned?
What time is everyone meeting at Malone's?

07 KLR 30K and it's still going strong.
20 KLX 230 - The little green machine.

Offline Harvey Mushman

• +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »
Just registered, looking forward to the "Trail" ride. See y'all Sat AM!

-Harvey
'07 EXC450

So you are not coming to Malones Friday? Well we look forward to meeting you!

I live in Topeka so my plan was to be there in time for b-fast Sat AM, do the ride, have dinner and hang out for awhile, then bail sometime Sat night.  I was looking for an address for the Anderson County Fairgrounds and came across this link that has some ride descriptions departure data etc in it but I did not see an address.    http://www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/garnett/page-6.php

I'm sure I can find that start location but if someone can post provide an address that would be great, thanks.

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »
When is everyone meeting Friday?
Any afternoon rides planned?
What time is everyone meeting at Malone's?
6 pm at Malone's and pickup rides are kinda that. I will be lurking around helping and such. Several others will be also.

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
Just registered, looking forward to the "Trail" ride. See y'all Sat AM!

-Harvey
'07 EXC450

So you are not coming to Malones Friday? Well we look forward to meeting you!

I live in Topeka so my plan was to be there in time for b-fast Sat AM, do the ride, have dinner and hang out for awhile, then bail sometime Sat night.  I was looking for an address for the Anderson County Fairgrounds and came across this link that has some ride descriptions departure data etc in it but I did not see an address.    http://www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/garnett/page-6.php

I'm sure I can find that start location but if someone can post provide an address that would be great, thanks.

Go to the first post here. There is a flier that has all the addresses for all the locations etc. But here in Garnett we would say from 59 hwy go east on Park road turn left at the swimming pool and look for the motorcycles at the quanset.

Offline Derek

• +2/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
Tara and I will be rolling in Friday evening, not sure of the exact eta just yet. I'll be at the rider meeting bright and early!!  Ready for some gnar! :)
Growing up is optional

Offline Harvey Mushman

• +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »

Go to the first post here. There is a flier that has all the addresses for all the locations etc. But here in Garnett we would say from 59 hwy go east on Park road turn left at the swimming pool and look for the motorcycles at the quanset.

Perfect, I can work with that, thanks.

Offline asis

• +4/-0
    • 18' KLX 250
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
Those that are camping? Where are you planning on pitching?
I really want to check out the lake, but, I don't want to travel back from the shin dig if there is camping within carrying me/walking (stumbling) distance to my tent.
05' KLR 650
18' KLX 250

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
We have been asked the plan if it rains. So, here is the plan. On our road routes a considerable amount of rain will only make them better as in… no dust! So, unless it is raining at the actual time of departure we will be riding the road routes, yes we will most likely have to go around the water crossings (if it continues to rain a lot), but we will show them to you and see them and continue on the route and we can share .gpx files so exploring on your own can be done.   Now I know a lot of guys are coming for the trails… Me too. And we would never go back on our word for that ride! So the plan for us trail guys is, if it has rained or is raining and the trails are too muddy, get on a road route, ride the roads have fun. We will wait for the trails to dry out, put up a poll on BTK and reschedule and you come back (sounds like 2 for 1 to me?) and we will have a show up and ride the trails only day for those that wanted to see the trails. No fanfare or bands or meals the second time just show up and ride!

Now, if the heavens open up day of. Well we may be forced to reschedule, and we will do that as appropriately as we can, with a poll of several pre-selected dates. Then work out with the group for those that can’t make it. Most fair and democratic method we know of. SO! The farmers got what they needed. Now pray the rain stops until June 4th and then whatever. See ya at the ride!

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2018, 11:44:16 AM »
Damn, I sorry I'm going to miss this event.  The more I hear about it the more I wish I was attending.  Malone's has good food (get the ribeye), the area you will be riding has a lot of nice roads with crossing and I believe Saturday night will be a lot of fun.

I'll look forward to hearing about the ride and seeing pictures.

It is not a complete riding loss for me because I'll be in WI/MN with my bike for a week!

Offline Derek

• +2/-0
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »
We have been asked the plan if it rains. So, here is the plan. On our road routes a considerable amount of rain will only make them better as in… no dust! So, unless it is raining at the actual time of departure we will be riding the road routes, yes we will most likely have to go around the water crossings (if it continues to rain a lot), but we will show them to you and see them and continue on the route and we can share .gpx files so exploring on your own can be done.   Now I know a lot of guys are coming for the trails… Me too. And we would never go back on our word for that ride! So the plan for us trail guys is, if it has rained or is raining and the trails are too muddy, get on a road route, ride the roads have fun. We will wait for the trails to dry out, put up a poll on BTK and reschedule and you come back (sounds like 2 for 1 to me?) and we will have a show up and ride the trails only day for those that wanted to see the trails. No fanfare or bands or meals the second time just show up and ride!

Now, if the heavens open up day of. Well we may be forced to reschedule, and we will do that as appropriately as we can, with a poll of several pre-selected dates. Then work out with the group for those that can’t make it. Most fair and democratic method we know of. SO! The farmers got what they needed. Now pray the rain stops until June 4th and then whatever. See ya at the ride!

Burt-

Sounds like a great back up/contingency plan!  Hopefully the weather will work with us and we wont have to divert from the plan!  Super looking forward to the ride!
Growing up is optional

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
So I am in the 85% certain range that we are going to have a big Orange Bike booth at the Safari. What bikes are you guys interested in seeing? These guys are spending some money and giving some time to get here to help our event and they obviously want to sell some bikes! So, please let me know which models you are "Actually" interested in so they can bring them down. They are going to set up their booth when we get back from the ride and during the meal and band performances.

Offline asis

• +4/-0
    • 18' KLX 250
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 09:10:59 PM »
Lil Nel has her first oil change and is bucking for a Safari!

05' KLR 650
18' KLX 250