2017 Flint Hills Stampede

• 82 replies

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
Re: 2017 Flint Hills Stampede
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »
Heck yeah, the more the merrier!  My wife and I drove out to Eureka Lake today to get a sitrep of the campign area. Willie has us set up NICE. Check the main post for camping area specifics and pictures as to where to go, soon.

Personally I'll be in town early friday.. around 8 ish, and will be ready to play around once i put up signage, etc.
Growing up is optional

Offline Pixturethis

• +9/-0
    • 2019 Honda CB500X/ 2015 Ural GU / 2005 XT225 /1982 XJ550 Maxim
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 05:06:15 PM »
I have my routes finished. Friday afternoon ride will be about 85 miles. Going from Eureka to Howard for dinner at either the local pizza place or Toot's burger place. It will be 54 miles there and about 2 hours and the ride home is 31 miles of mostly gravel, or we can come back via 99 if it starts to get dark.
The ride out is more of an advance ride with lots of two track/ low maintenance roads, and a few stops for a few pictures.  I think we should leave at 2pm to make dinner in time and then make it back.

My Saturday ride for the scenic route will be north for about 120 miles. stopping at Madison for gas and lunch. Hoping for a group photo at Rock Ford and a few small water crossing, then back to Eureka.
Marc
Loud valves saves lives

Offline Roger Baugh

• +8/-0
    • KLX250S, CB750
    • The Beginning, 1996
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »
Getting ready .... to ride into some beautiful country, with friends old and new.

Best .... R 8) ger

Offline bigo

• BigO
  • +0/-0
    • Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »
I am planning on making it this year. My wife and I are planning on arriving Friday afternoon.  We will be driving our Motorhome and will stay at the lake if we can find a spot.  Looking forward to riding with Phil Denk if he will have me.

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
  • Let's go make some dust!!
    • 2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
I am planning on making it this year. My wife and I are planning on arriving Friday afternoon.  We will be driving our Motorhome and will stay at the lake if we can find a spot.  Looking forward to riding with Phil Denk if he will have me.

Excellent!!! Glad you two are making it this year! I'm betting Phil would love to have you in his group....
2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin (Backroad Brawler)
2003 Honda 919 (The N8ked Hot Rod)

Offline Derek

• +2/-0
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
Bump!

Made a few small timeline tweaks- be sure to check the main post for specifics!
Growing up is optional

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
  • The orange Kool-Aid tastes good!
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
Re: 2017 Flint Hills Stampede - FRIDAY RIDE
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
Those of us around Friday for a ride, let's get this put together. Since many of us will be coming to the area on Friday, I'm thinking an afternoon ride. Maybe kickstands up at 12:00 or 1:00?

If anybody wants to pony up to lead, that'd be great - I don't have a GPS to follow a route with, or I'd do it. If nobody ponies up, I'll lead us but we'll basically be random/lost! :D
KTM 790 Adventure R

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »
Those of us around Friday for a ride, let's get this put together. Since many of us will be coming to the area on Friday, I'm thinking an afternoon ride. Maybe kickstands up at 12:00 or 1:00?

If anybody wants to pony up to lead, that'd be great - I don't have a GPS to follow a route with, or I'd do it. If nobody ponies up, I'll lead us but we'll basically be random/lost! :D
I think Marc Browning has a Friday route laid out if I'm not mistaken!

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
I know Derek mentioned it in the opening information statement of this thread but I just wanna express that everyone PLEASE be fueled up and ready to roll prior to breakfast and riders meeting and raffle etc... There will be a lot happening Saturday morning thanks to Derek's hard work and the sponsors and CMA and when we wrap up all that business we'll need to be ready to go!! Don't be "THAT" guy that has a whole group waiting on him to fuel before they can ride.....

Thanks everyone and I'm SO looking forward to this years event!!

Offline Derek

• +2/-0
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »
I know Derek mentioned it in the opening information statement of this thread but I just wanna express that everyone PLEASE be fueled up and ready to roll prior to breakfast and riders meeting and raffle etc... There will be a lot happening Saturday morning thanks to Derek's hard work and the sponsors and CMA and when we wrap up all that business we'll need to be ready to go!! Don't be "THAT" guy that has a whole group waiting on him to fuel before they can ride.....

Thanks everyone and I'm SO looking forward to this years event!!

Thanks for reiterating that point, Woody- there's a lot of moving pieces Saturday morning! I'm starting to get pretty excited! I've picked up a few of the raffle goodies, and they're pretty nice!
Growing up is optional

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:44 AM »

My son and I are coming down Friday, would love to join you Friday afternoon but I am trying to get him the "1/2 day that counts as a full day of school" (Mom's orders)  :-\before we haul down... Is there a late afternoon ride we could join??? :D
I will be trailering bikes down from Garnett, KS I am bringing a friends bike also who is joining us on Saturday.
There is absolutely no excuse for what I am about to do.

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2017, 09:28:08 AM »

My son and I are coming down Friday, would love to join you Friday afternoon but I am trying to get him the "1/2 day that counts as a full day of school" (Mom's orders)  :-\before we haul down... Is there a late afternoon ride we could join??? :D
I will be trailering bikes down from Garnett, KS I am bringing a friends bike also who is joining us on Saturday.

It's really hard to say but I imagine people will be showing up at all hours and very well may want to get in a ride Friday afternoon so there's always that chance! If not you can always just pick a direction to explore and head out when you do get there! Safe travels! See you there.....

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »

If nothing else, just head north west out of Eureka, there's good stuff within 5-10 miles.

Maybe some of the people coming in later in the day might want to put together a 2-3pm kickstands up for a short ride?
KTM 790 Adventure R

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
- Eureka Lake Campground-
Our designated camping area is Southeast of Phillips Cabin, near the public docks area. There are restrooms and a public shelter there as well.
Look for the Stampede Signage!!
Cost is $7 for regular camping / $12 for camping with electric

Who/where do we pay for camping?
KTM 790 Adventure R

Offline bigo

• BigO
  • +0/-0
    • Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2017, 10:35:59 PM »
This is Jerry Valdez from Hoyt, Ks. & Nolan Fisher from Holyrood, Ks. we both would like to attend the 2017 Flint Hills Stampede in Eureka, what info do you need from us? We will be in a tent. We are both advanced riders, been here before but has been sometime ago.

Looking forward to seeing you again.